14 hours (üblicherweise 2 Tage inklusive Pausen)
- Experience with the Linux command line.
- Programming experience in any language.
ArduPilot is an open source, unmanned vehicle Autopilot Software Suite for controlling drones.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers and technical persons who wish to design and develop an unmanned drone.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Setup a suitable development environment.
- Select and apply the right tools for programming a drone.
- Understand and configure the firmware, middleware and API stack.
- Test and debug their code using drone simulation software.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This training is based on the open source autopilot software: ArduPilot.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Downloading and Installing the Software
Preparing the Development Environment
Overview of ArduPilot Suite
Overview of Hardware Boards and Simulation Software
Overview of Python Syntax for Drone Programming
Controlling the Drone Hardware
Communicating with Different Parts
Flying the Simulated Drone
Testing the Drone
Debugging the Code
Extending ArduPilot with ROS (Robot Operating System).
Summary and Conclusion
Good prepared, communication and work environment on-line worked pretty smooth. Although we did not had the right pre course requirement, the trainer had a lot of patient to help us where needed.
The trainer is very skilled and the virtual desktop environment worked fine.
The combination of theory and practice, and the fact that the course guides you smoothly through content that would otherwise take you quite some time and frustration to go through yourself.